Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Someone else has the same POV.

During lessons today, my lecturer mentioned about how sometimes, some people, would tell their friends that they had bought such and such a brand of bag or watch or laptop for such and such a price. She is of the view that such persons do not have self-confidence and that we should be there to build a sense of self in children.

This reminded me of how I recently told someone that exact same logic: that the more one flanks oneself with all that expensive stuff, the more insecurity one reveals to the world. Of course, this person did not take it well at all and of course, I am not saying I absolutely do not go for branded stuff. I used to be more 'carefree' when buying them. Now, I kinda see if there is a need to buy it or not. If not, then I won't.

Just like how a $500 item could make my heartbeat go faster last time, it gives me a little cheap thrill to think that I have saved some money by not buying certain things. Hahaha! Yes, the operative phrase is "cheap thrill" but a good feel nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment