Friday, November 7, 2008

What a relief

I did mention some months back (three months to be exact) that my car got 'kissed' by this Sulo rubbish truck? Actually it was more than a kiss. It was quite badly damaged on one side.

It only got repaired this week. Why so long?? Blame it on the insurance company and the rubbish disposal company. When we first lodged the report with the insurance company, they told us to wait for the other party (the rubbish disposal company) to file for report first (they were under the same insurance company as us). They took real long. Too long. They thought that we would just let it go like that. We were not going to.

I think it was the insurance agent's inefficiency that almost caused us our no-claim bonus. By the time about more than a month passed, and only then, the agent advised us to go ahead and do the repairs and claim from our own insurance first and wait to see if the other party would file. We were advised to write in first.

The reply we got was that we were not able to claim even under our own insurance as it has been more than two weeks!!!!

Wow! For a while, I thought the insurance company was trying to bring us for a joy ride and was trying to dodge paying us anything!!!

Dad wrote in again and reasoned with them some more and by then, the other party finally decided to own up. We sent our car in on Monday and got it back as promised. I must say I am super mega impressed with the works from this Mazda-approved workshop. Looks as good as new.

Finally got my baby back in good shape again. At least, I don't have to drive around getting funny stares from other drivers and feeling them avoid me as they feel that I am such a bad driver from what they can see from my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment