Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gratification highlight of my career thus far

Last week, this mum came to celebrate the birthday of her 3 year-old girl. She is the prettiest thing that I have ever seen: an Australian-Chinese mix, she has the longest and softest of hair and her eyes are so doleful, that you would just want to hold her close to you and protect her.

Mummy was making some small talk with me when she told me, "A few days back Mia told me that she loved me and after that she told me "but I love Ms O too!""

You have no idea how happy I was. I still cannot believe and have to pinch myself sometimes to see if this was all real. It is. And it is very gratifying. Way pass gratification. It lets me know that my love for the kids do not go un-noticed. Just wondering whether her mummy was a little jealous or not :P

Just today too, one of my kids (girl of course) came from behind and give me a surprise kiss. Cute! Love her lots and love the whole bunch. Even my naughtiest boy actually looks forward to me patting him to sleep every afternoon. That is gratifying to know too. I am usually very stern and strict with him.

Babies, I love all of you! Muack!

No comments:

Post a Comment