Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunway, my way

It's been a week or more since my last post. I have been busy being sick, travelling, working and going to school. Not necessarily in that order of course.

Anyway, for the first time, I stepped onto Sunway Lagoon in Kuala Lumpur last Deepavali long weekend. I stayed at the four-star hotel called Pyramid Tower, which was directly linked to a shopping mall. Yippeeeee!!!! Very convenient and very smart of the developer. Even though I did not intend to buy anything at first, I still bought me-self some little, little things. More like, I bought stuff for my kids for Christmas already.

We took a 26-seater coach by Five Star Travel Agency. They are very un-systematic and the service is bad. On the out-going trip, we were wrongly assigned to an 18-seater and was hurled of the coach by a very rude staff who just asked,"Envelope?" and after looking at it, told us, "You are not on this bus. Follow me."

When were were returning, what was supposed to be a 3.00pm departure from the hotel became 3.45pm. The coach was super, super late. What was an estimated arrival in Singapore of 10.00pm (after jams and all that, even though it should be a 5-hr trip), became 11.00pm. There was massive jam.

The KL I saw was very different from what I have seen many years ago. Maybe it is the capital of Malaysia and maybe, there is been massive improvements but the buildings do not seem so old and the people, I must say, are more orderly than us Singaporeans. They really queue up in a neat row when waiting for the MRT and/or LRT.

Part of me also wonders if it is because there is a "Polis" (Malay word for police)that is on duty on the platform. If it is and if it works, then I don't see why we should not have one of them standing at our platforms at all times. The thing is, we do have our "Security Officers" during peak hours on the platforms of our MRT stations, but they do little but stand around looking busy. They seem almost too timid to maintain order or perhaps, they might be too 'by the book' and might say that "I am only in charge of security (ie bomb scares and would-be suicide persons). Maintaining order is not in my job scope". I would not be surprised.

Well, that's it for now. I will post some pictures soon since I now have installed new handphone software into my computer and can use bluetooth to send my pics more quickly. There are also quite a bit more that I would like to say about my trip, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment