Sunday, November 16, 2008

Malacca, Malacca

Well, I am really going to Malacca for the next long weekend. Going with two of my colleagues. They have wanted to badly to go to Bangkok but I kinda managed to convince them against it. Dad thinks it is too dangerous to go there now. Me, I just don't want to spend that much as my Christmas trip is also coming up soon.

I foresee lots of these short trips next year as there are many, many long weekends! Even if it is not with my colleagues, it would be with family. :)

Really looking forward to having a taste of Peranakan food in Malacca and sometimes I secretly wish I was a Nonya myself. Many people ask if I am one, simply because I pepper my conversation with the little Malay words that I know.

Sadly I am not, if not, I would have such rich and interesting history to tell, with all the mixed blood uncles and aunties. Nevertheless, I am pretty glad I am living in this part of the world where the Peranakan (or what some may call Straits Chinese) culture is alive and kicking!

No comments:

Post a Comment