Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wonderful day with friends

Started the day being very apprehensive as I had some things that I had to settle. It was not pleasant and I would not evaluate any further except that all's well that ends well (hopefully I have used it correctly here).

Anyhow, we had dim sum at this very old coffee shop at Thomson and then headed towards Orchard Road where the shopping spree began!! Not before I checked myself mentally and made sure I did not spend too much though.

I saw this rain coat from Springfield that had purple hounds' tooth print and from hundred over dollars, it was only forty plus after discount. I had to keep my eyes shut and not think about it (even though I am still thinking about it now). I did buy some clothes from LVER and this other place at Far East Plaza though. They were all on discount. Oh! Not to forget a T-shirt with French words on it from Uniqlo. Uniqlo is my all-time favourite store.

My favourite part of the day was the dinner we had at The Ship. The Ship is such an old restaurant and yet, it had survived all the economic down turns to still be serving to a full house till this day. I remember my parents bringing me to this restaurant at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre was a really, really little. It is no longer there but I am sure glad it is still around at Shaw Centre.

When I went there last time (which was when I was really little), I remember the booth seats were actually built into this ship! That means, the ship had cut out spaces for the booth seats. This time around, the booth seats still had red cushioned seats but the ship shape is gone. No matter though for we got to eat really nice steaks (nicer than Jack's Place in my opinion). I took the sizzling steak while Spacecake too the Cognac steak, which was spectacular. The minute the Cognac steak was brought to our table, the thought of Switzerland came to mind. I have never had this reaction before. Must be that the smell of the steak was similar to that of those I had in Switzerland.

Good company and good food. What can I say? I had a really satisfying meal. Oh, did I mention that we almost did not manage to get a seat as most of the tables were reserved? We were lucky to have found a place to seat.

Only small boo-boo was that they forgot to ask whether we wanted cream, chives and bacon bits on our baked potato. No matter. I should be going back there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment