Thursday, January 21, 2010

Networking again

It was Wednesday. I was supposed to have class, but my lecturer was sick. We were given a set of instructions to finish up our draft of our play kit and send it to her. That was easy. We have already done most of it and was well on our way to completing the group assignment.

We could leave once the discussion was done and the draft sent to her (our lecturer). I was invited to go to KPO. I have long lost touch with clubbing and pubbing scene but welcomed the fact that I had a chance to go.

It's been a long time since I drank and it's been a long time since I went out to meet new friends. Last night though, was rather an enjoyable time, with no expectations and not much pressure. I must admit, I was nervous though. I did not know where to put my arms and hands. I had wanted to cross my arms but that would seem too defensive. I wanted to put my hands into my pocket but I remembered reading somewhere that it was not right to do so either. Boy! Was I feeling hot when I first got there!

Anyway, KPO represents Killiney Post Office. Nice place to hang out and chill and I like there music too. Met an American, a Cambodian, a French and some locals. I don't know about the rest but I had an enjoyable time and I am praying hard that I do not get a hangover tomorrow.

What's most important is that I am starting to make new friends again. I'm a little bit apprehensive but also looking forward to brushing up my networking skills.

Oh yes@ I got to practise my very rusty French too! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment