Saturday, January 23, 2010

On my own

Last night, I did something I have never done before. I was being brave, I think. I went to meet the friends I had just met on Wednesday at the pub and there were lots of firsts.

First, of course, I went to the pub on my own. Then I almost wanted to go off already, except that I bumped into the girl whom had asked me go to the pub in the first place and she told me where to find the guys. I tried to find the guys but in vain.

I was a nerve wreck and had to go to the toilet to learn to breathe again and to decide whether to continue my search or go home. I could not take it any longer after I came out of the toilet as it had seemed like I have gone round the place 100 times. I decided to go outside the pub to start sms-ing someone. Anyone. Spacecake was one of them people I sms-ed.

She was a friend indeed. She called me almost immediately and after telling her what went on and how I was at a lost, I decide to head towards the MRT. If there were still trains, I would go home. I wanted to give it all up, even after taking a cab down and making all that effort to doll up.

Then I got the guy's sms. He was looking for me and I told him this lie that I was actually at the pub but bumped into my friend and had walked her to the mrt station. Told him I would walk back to meet him. He informed me that he was leaving even as I neared the pub again. Sigh.

Anyhow, the person that I saw who was supposed to be introduced to me, was angry at that time and did not give me a good first impression at all. He was rude too. And young. Too young for me. He wanted to go to New Asia Bar to meet his friend and so we proceeded there. I suspect I botched up his plans to meet his friend earlier, which was perhaps why he was pissed.

After we reached NAB (New Asia Bar), I was left on my own to 'reserve' seats; something that I have never had to do. What was worse is that I did not have a drink in hand. In the end I had to whip out my trusty hand phone to start sms-ing again. It got to a point so bad that I had to delete messages that I did not need.

I was finally rejoined by my 'friends' and they asked me to go to another table where they already had champagne waiting. My 'friends' were all over the place after that and even as they danced, they were all over the place. In the end, I danced alone. Something that I have not done for a long, long time.

I have always gone clubbing with a group of my friends and we usually met somewhere first before going to the club together and we usually only had standing space only and did not have to be sitting all alone without a drink.

All in all, I would rate the night 3 out of 10 but 11 out of 10 for my own courage. I do not know if I will ever do that again, but at least I dare say that I have tried it once, in my life time.

No comments:

Post a Comment