Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just a poem

Can you see that I am bleeding?
Can you see me pleading?
I am searching for a sign, any answer of any kind.
There isn't any,
It's just my wishful thinking.

I think it is time to move on
And not fret and frown;
About the has and has-beens,
What and what-nots.

I think some would call me totally silly.
As this is a one-sided love only.
But somehow I know that you know.
It's just a matter of: "Let's just try this",
"Or we don't".

Now it's time to set myself free
And not let love and its matters bind me.
It's funny how I am the self-suffering kind,
I need to break this pattern and let me know I am fine.
The earth doth turn and people still breathe.
So if you do not love me,
Let me go, please.

Torture me not with your mind playing games,
With your innocent flirts
And harmless sweet-nothings.
As you protect yourself from possible hurt and pain,
So must I, in my own way.

Think not, will I of you when I am free.
Look not, at my phone when it gives out a 'beep'.
My dreams will not be filled with thee,
My plans will only be for me.
For I must continue to love myself,
My fragile soul and my health.

Adieu to you and all the rest.
Until someone is willing to attest,
And let me know what they feel in their chest.
Whether Cupid has taken his shot,
Or whether he, did not.

Alo bonjour to the new me,
Be strong I say, courage is what I should see.
With any little tiny bits of sadness and heartbreak packed.
I should just leave this poem simply at that.

I think I am going through this phase where I need to convince myself that I am OK. I am fine, really. Especially after I write such poems to express my feelings. I just wished that I had enough courage to go ask this person regarding the way our relationship is going. But due to a previous bad experience (very bad), I have decided never to be the one to make the first move. Ever. I think I am going to move on from here but yet, I am not sure. That's just me though. That's why if I write it down, I am more likely to do so.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like poetry when it comes to expressing feelings. I'm glad you are feeling better. Lots of things to look forward to like A-Ha no?

    I had a great time that day. That you for asking me along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, glad you enjoyed yourself. We should do this more often, like once a month. Just make sure your boyfriends are all ok with it.

    At least would have new foodie places to explore together and shopping to do together too!

    ReplyDelete