Monday, February 23, 2009

Mini trips

Well after all that philosophical bull crap, time to let you guys in on some of my wonderlust. No where far, just a stone's throw away from home: Johor Baru.

Dad has been talking about Danga Mall for some weeks now. Even my China colleagues are talking about it. They want me to be 'tour guide' to them. Those who know me will know I am a little 'kayu'(sort of like a scaredy cat in Malay) and so I have decided to go there to recce out the place first. Hehe... .

We would be taking the train from Tanjong Pagar. Yeah!! I love trains. I have a strange aversion towards them, even though I was 'scared' by the black holes of the toilets when I was very, very little. It was also on my way to Malaysia. Cameron Highlands, my mum tells me. Apparently I was really urgent but upon seeing the black hole of a squatting toilet bowl, I decided to hold till I reached my destination. Don't ask me how I did it :P

Back to trains: I really fell in love with trains three years back when I was doing research on Puffing Billy before I went for my Melbourne trip. It really got me interested in steam engines.

Anyhow, I hope my trip to Danga City Mall next week will come to fruition. I will update it in my blog if I do go!

No comments:

Post a Comment