Sunday, February 15, 2009

How I spent V day.

Sent Dad to the airport and had a nice scrumptious meal of stewed meat with rice a la Taiwan (i.e pork with quite a bit of fats. Sinful, I know, but I have to eat chicken five days a week so weekends are my let-go days).

Went to Popular Bookshop after that and spent about $100 buying all sorts of nonsense, including a Dymo Label Maker. I have already looked at that stuff for the umpteenth time. Why? I was influenced by the kids who label their water bottles and everything else with it. The 'last straw' came when one of them had ironed on their name onto their bed sheets. That's when I decided to do some sleuth work and find out whether the label marker I had been eyeing does the job. It does!! Now, I have become a label freak. I labelled my files, my pens, my drawers, my almost everything!! It's my newest stress reliever 'toy'.

Other than labelling, I also did lots of filing of my lecture notes. I am beginning to think that I am a categorisation freak. Well, this probably stemmed from my previous job where everything had to be categorised and colour coded too! It's funny how I learn to become neat once again after living for so many years. Hee!

In the evening, I went to the supermarket. I spent two hours there, combing through the aisles and discovering new products and reminiscing the old. Once again, I stopped by at the Ziploc bags for a little too long. I already have three different sizes at home and had to stop myself from buying more. Excuse to self: save the earth. This Ziploc thing is another obsession to put items of similar usage together, i.e categorisation yet again. :P

Through the kids, I have learned to eat healthily and to watch what I am eating and bought lots of stuff that I have stopped buying a long time ago. Things like cornflakes (that were high in calcium), milk that was rich in omega 3 and 6, and so on.

Still later in the evening, I was watching TV when my friend messaged me to watch "My big fat fabulous wedding" on MTV channel. She told me that the girl who was getting married looked 90% like me! Hahaha!!! YES! I got a shock when I changed to that channel for she really did look like me but she was many, many times richer for her wedding cost $2 million!!!!!! She was a Japanese and mum said she was fatter than me. It was her way of complimenting that I have slimmed down. Haha!

The girl that looks like me!

All in all, it was a peaceful day well spent mostly at home. I am recharged and looking forward to the week ahead. Gotta prepare myself now as my little ones have got ten thousand and one "why's" to ask me, so much so that I feel like I am perpetually taking exams. Hahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment