Monday, February 16, 2009

Beat box rules!!


To round off my very sedate Sunday, I went to watch Break Out: Extreme Dance Comedy from Korea with a good friend of mine.

We had our first experience with Yegam Theatre & Production Company when we went to tour in Korea. I am very glad that watching Jump was part of our itinerary. We got so hooked that we jumped at the opportunity to watch it here in Singapore.

This time around, there were beat boxers and b-boys and b-girls doing all that popping, locking and breakdancing to the sound of beat boxers such as Park Seon-Jun. I am still very amazed at how he could put the mic at his throat and produce such loud, fantastic sounds!!

There was never a dull moment in the show and there was so much comic relief that I had bad cramps from all that laughing. All in all, it was a fantastic experience. This fantastic experience was also preceded by a very good dinner at Al Dente.

I had wanted to eat at Al Dente quite a few years back. In fact, I wanted to hold my birthday there. I wanted to sit at the balcony and enjoy the bay view. At that time though, the whole balcony was booked for a private function and I never really got back to it.

Today, I finally set foot and had beer battered calamari, lasagna with wagyu beef and prosciutto ham pizza. It was coupled with a glass of house pour Merlot that went very well with the beef. I was so full I could hardly walk after that.

What was more, after the show, we went to Max Brenner's for some chocolaty stuff. I had a strawberry milk chocolate shake with yogurt. Yum, yum, yummy!! Service was very, very, very bad though. Unless you really have the patience or is not very hungry, I do not recommend you to go there at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment