Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yet another rave...about Circle Line

OK. So I cannot stop talking about it. The Circle Line is getting crowded!!! It has become the new babe of everybody, until of course, when it had a glitch yesterday. But life goes on and everyone who needs it will take it. It is so fast for me to get to school now that there is a stop called "Bras Basah". I always laugh when they announce the stop though, coz they drag the word "Basah" and make it sound like "Basaaw".

Anyway, I like the new feel of the stations and new seats on the train. Don't really like the fact that I have to fight the flow of human traffic though. While I am switching from the North-South Line (red) to the Circle Line (yellow), there seems to be so many people walking against you and it is really difficult to manoeuvre my way to the escalators.

Hee, and I like that my alma mater is being announced every time as it is the last station for the moment. At least until the other parts of the Circle Line is complete.

I must say, for the first time, I am truly impressed and proud of something in my home country. They have really created very nice stations, especially the Bras Basah station. As you take the escalator towards the exit points, don't forget to look up towards the ceiling where there is a see-through pool of water. It is best viewed during the day when there is wind. This is so that you can see the ripples of water making art before your eyes. This station is rather deep too and I have noticed that they have incorporated speakers at the side of the escalators so that one will not miss out on any announcements. Neat!

At night, on the big piece of wall that reminds me of the steeples of churches (perhaps a reflection of the Catholic churches nearby), they have multimedia projections of the artistic kind. This, I suppose, is to give it an artsy feel and is in line with the arts museum that is just above it.

Well, I might just go to the museum tomorrow night as Friday nights are free nights. Now that it is so accessible, no reason why I should not go there more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment