Friday, April 9, 2010

Shopping @ Ikea!!!

OK! So it is not all gray skies here at camp Livvie. I went shopping last Good Friday eve. Bought myself a CD rack that I had been eyeing since the day I shifted. It could hold like hundred over CDs and I desperately needed that. No doubt my CDs were already sitting in those Ikea paper boxes called Kassette or something like that but I just felt it was not a long term solution, having to open the boxes one by one to search for the CDs. Anyway, the CD rack (or tower, as I like to call it) is called Benno and is now standing tall in my room, next to my mini hi-fi.

While I was there, I managed to grab the breakfast tray called Nordby, which I have longed to have since the days when I was acting as the rat in The three samurai cats for Asian Children's Festival. One of my colleagues had brought it to use as a prop. Now, I am proudly using it as I type, to put my laptop on my bed. Hee, perhaps I can use it when I really do feel like having breakfast in bed, but I am a believer of no-food-in-the-room.

As my income has shrunk considerably, I now really see the importance of being prudent, but it really makes me think twice, even three times before I buy anything and it also makes me treasure things more. I had a good time window shopping though and nothing beats a good plate of Swedish meatballs!!!!! Yummy!!!!! Had to give the gravlax a miss though coz I was spending on a budget. From another point of view, that would mean that I was eating less. Hee! I also had to decide to take only 10 meatballs instead of 15. Just as well too though, for the two gentlemen before me also only took 10. If I took 15, I would really sound and look like a glut. Hahaha!

I would probably need another CD tower but that would have to wait till next month or so, depending on what my priorities are. Anyway, I am just happy that I got most of my CDs rearranged and I am listening to my old CDs instead of keep buying new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment