Sunday, April 18, 2010

New oven: part deux

There is no doubt that there is going to be a "part trois", "part quart" and so on, but I am just so excited that I needed to pen this down.

The first items I toasted were of course, the breads from the bread shop and then this morning, I popped in some streaky bacon that I had bought from NTUC yesterday (see previous post) and two slices of bread.

I would say that I made myself a decent breakfast eating apples, one sunny side-up, two slices of bread, bacon and a cup of coffee. Aahhh...life is good, and cooking at home is good.

Last night, managed to re-constitute food taken from work (fried macaroni) into my own dish. What else but bacon and garlic? I feel that bacon is a cheap but delicious way to raise the value of your food. Just need to add a little to make your dish more classy and yummy. Garlic is so fragrant when browned that it really lifts the dish to new heights. Hehehe... I am starting to drool already and I should perhaps go work on a cooking show or something.

I also managed to make myself a quick and simple side dish: french beans with bacon bits!! I simply cut the beans into half and boiled it in salt water. Drain and add some yummy Japanese salad dressing called Kinnogomadare. Sprinkle freshly fried bacon bits just before serving. YUM!!

I intend to make more of the same salad for lunch this afternoon to go with the beef ribeye that I also bought from NTUC yesterday. Am missing some condiments like black pepper and cooking wine but what the heck! Going to make do with whatever I can find at home.

Looks like I am a Western girl, no? Well, in a way, they are easier and less messy to prepare. Will try Asian cuisine once I am a more competent cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment