Saturday, April 24, 2010

What's for dinner?



Dinner was Basil & Champagne Ham Linguini tossed in Balsamic Vinegar Dressing. It was topped with grated Parmesan cheese to lift the flavour of the ham while the basil gives the dish a nice twist. The shaved ham is readily available at Cold Storage. In fact, this is a housebrand and therefore much more reasonable than other types. I was eyeing the Prosciutto ham but they were just too expensive to stomach. This dish is simple and easy to prepare and yet, oh so delish!!

The 'hardest' part was cooking the linguini and chopping up the basil. The rest was just a breeze! I was also lucky enough to catch the promotion the last time I bought Parmesan cheese. They gave away free pasta measuring equipment and now I just have to stick those noodles into those round thingy to suit the number of servings I want :)

I dare not say that my cooking is fantastic but what I can say is that it is slowly improving and it's especially satisfying to eat stuff that one has cooked for oneself.

Bon Apetit a moi!

No comments:

Post a Comment