Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bad service

My first personal bad experience with service happened on the second day at H&M, Central.

I was going on my second round of clothes trying and had to leave my basket at the counter, as it was their rule to do so. Fair enough.

As I was walking towards an empty cubicle though, I heard a crash. I turned around just in time to see the H&M staff throwing my basket unwillingly on the floor and walk towards my overspilled clothes to pick them up. She did not look at all apologetic and haphazardly put my clothes back into the basket.

I was not happy at all. I did not appreciate my to-be purchases being thrown about like that. I was most upset at the way she handled my clothes. What if there were sharp edges on the basket and it caused a run in my garments? Whatever it was, it was manners at its worst as she rolled her eyes and walked back to her counter as if nothing happened.

It spoilt my mood and I had half a mind to leave everything and not buy at all, but I eventually did as vanity got the better of me. In fact, it spoilt my mood for the rest of the morning (somewhat). If it were not for Tsui Wah Hong Kong Cafe's lunch of sliced fried beef with rice after that, I would have remained moody for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment