Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lost twice...

... And I have not even left for Hong Kong yet!!!!!!!!!!

What did I lose? My jacket. Well, it was not so much lost but forgotten on both occasions.

Of all things, my Dad had asked me where my set of car keys were, just as I was putting on my Doc Marts boots!!! I was so pissed. I mean, talk about 'good' timing!!

Anyhow, I wanted to be a filial daughter and hopped with one-boot-leg (wore one side of the boot only) to get the key for him. Earlier on, I had already brought the jacket out from the room to the dinner room chair.

Off we went to the airport only to get a call from Mum 5 minutes away from the airport. "You forgot your jacket. You can turn back to get it. There is still time. It is up to you."

Shoot! I had wanted to be punctual and now, it just seemed so impossible. Worse still, Dad refused to take road directions from me and insisted that he was right, when he was actually wrong. We ended up making one big round in Tampines.

Then, after checking in, I could not withstand being hungry and we decided to eat at the Killiney Kopi Tiam at the Departure Hall. I put said jacket on the backrest of the chair and ate my toast with 2 almost hard boiled eggs.

We left in the Kopi Tiam in high spirits as we were all excited about the trip (at least I hope so). It was only when I nearly reached our boarding gate did I realise that my had was one item too light.

I walked and ran, ran and walked like I never did before. "Air wear" (Doctor Martens) was good. It was very bouncy, but flat-footed me just could not take the pain on my arch (sole of the foot) afterwards.

This jacket cannot be lost. It went through a whole Korea trip with me. There are many more adventures that I would like to take it on.

When I reached Killiney, there it was, 'sitting' there quietly and peacefully, waiting for its owner. Sigh, what a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment