Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Saturday

Woah! It was a tiring but happy day today. I met up with two of my ex-colleagues and we did a lot of catch up! We spoke of the good old days and for a moment there, it was like I had never left the company. There were times though, when I felt a little left out.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed their company very much. We ate at Sushi Tei at Tampines 1 and then proceeded to eat desserts at Bakerzin. We sat at Bakerzin for like forever. They made me feel connected and yet, disconnected. There is, from one point in our lives, where our paths seperated. The gap that has developed, can never be filled up again. What we can only do now is to build new paths (different ones) that is unlike any other from before; that of friends.

After the very long chit chat, one of them took the MRT back with me. She alighted at one of the stops and lamented that we used to drop off at this very stop with her and we would take bus back to our homes. We used to stay very near each other. Now, she goes off the train on her own, while I continue my journey much farther than before.

I miss the East still. Which was why I requested that we meet at Tampines anyway. The only thing I forgot was how crowded Tampines could get and how very rough the people living there could be! This man was walking towards me and my arm was lifted and folded (as if reaching to scratch my back) and he rammed right into my arm. He purposely did it though because I was very sure that he saw me going his way. It was already very narrow and yet, he purposely rammed into my arm (his waist was up to my arm, that was how huge he was). It happened near Body Shop, near the entrance of Tampines Mall.

Then, as we were approaching the traffic lights that we had to cross to take the MRT, another lady bumped into my friend. The bump was not a light one but...it was more like I-want-to-ram-you-so-that-you-can-get-out-of-my-way sort of bump. I made this comment that people who live on the East side are so rude! Of course, I admitted that I was also an East-sider but I think I have blogged about this before and said that the people from around where I live are much more civilised!

Well, well, I guess I should not generalise too much, lest I get beaten up! Anyway, I ended up eating bread from Bread Society as I was too full to eat anything else! Ahem! If you click on the link and scroll to "Signature-back to basics perennials", you will see my favourite "Spinach and Cheese". Crispy with cheese on the outside, moist and soft on the inside. Oh! Don't forget to check out the cute head chef too!

No comments:

Post a Comment