Saturday, May 8, 2010

Stuck in the virtual world

For the longest time now, I have resisted playing those virtual games on Facebook. Maybe that was because I was scared off last time by The Sims Family. It seemed really hard to play and ever since my one attempt with it, I was convinced that I would not touch such games anymore. I was convinced I should stick to such games as Tetris, Puzzle Boggle and so on.

Well, not until very recently anyway. After playing Bejeweled Blitz (BB) for the longest time, I succumbed to playing Cafe World. By the way, I must also say that I did attempt to play Restaurant City but was so confused by it that I stopped playing.

I was introduced to Cafe World by Spacecake. Spacecake preferred the idea of waiting for things to cook and earning coins by letting people eat, rather than just clicking away at the jewels to earn the highest score. BB was merely a test of speed. To some extent, I agree, but sometimes, when you just want mindless playing, BB is still good.

It was cook at first sight!!! I mean, this was an easy game to play and yet, at the same time, it satisfied my desire to cook, own my own cafe and be my own boss all at the same time! In the virtual world of course. Maybe I am just that easy to satisfy.

It is a game that makes me want to stay home and go home quickly if I am outside!!! I would count the number of hours before my food is cooked and then try to make it home by then. Not that the food will go bad that soon (they have a certain time limit for you to serve the food. If you pass that time, your food goes bad and all the cooking goes to waste).

It also helps someone like me learn a thing or two about time management. The cooking time and the serving time should be such that there will be enough serving counters once the food is ready. Of course, one can decide to delete the food on the serving counter in order to serve the cooked food, but I would not want to throw away food that I spent hours to 'cook'!

There is also the anticipation of getting to the next level and also getting the opportunity to add new stoves and serving counters and of course, to expand your cafe! It makes me want to play it even more.

When I first started playing, I even went to the extent of making sure I have a starter, a main and a dessert. Now though, I just take the points and cooking time into consideration.

There were a few things that got me very tickled too! Firstly, you see virtual versions of your friends coming into your cafe to eat. Then, you can actually employ your friend to be a wait staff. Then your friend, who is your wait staff can actually serve himself or herself. Last but not least, the characters (i.e. the cook, the wait staff and the customers) can walk through stoves and other characters to walk out of the cafe. I was beyond myself when I first saw that!

I just hope I do not get too addicted to it and I do not know when I will get bored of it and ditch the whole idea of playing this game but for now, I am enjoying myself and cooking while I am blogging all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment