Friday, May 21, 2010

Instant Noodles

It has been awhile since I ate instant noodles as I find that it makes me grow fat rather easily. Recently, as mentioned in my previous posting, I watched this Taiwanese programme that happened to be talking about instant noodles. They were asking some artistes when their poorest period was and how did tney manage to keep themselves full. It was instant noodles of course, and the artistes also went up to cook their own style of instant noodles to let the rest try.

Woah! All that cooking on t.v. made me drool and tonight, I went to buy myself some more instant noodles. This time though, I decided to be a little healthier and bought some vegetables and fish dumplings to go along with the food.

I realised that the Indomie brand of noodles have changed packaging. I think there could have been some sort of merger or something for there was a new brand added on top. Or it could just be Singaporean venture or merger of sorts. For what I saw next was rather surprising too as Nissin, the mother and father of all instant noodles in the world has commissioned some Indonesian company to manufacture and come up with the brand, Mi Bagus. It has a very South East Asian slant to it and its tag line, "makan already?", which means "eat already?". Hmm...all the marketing tactics and strategies.

Anyway, back to my dinner. I finally cooked my dinner using the Nissin orignal flavour, which is the sesame oil one. It used to be my favourite. When I opened the packet, the very first thing I noticed was that the packet for the powdered seasoning has changed. Or rather, the colour for the packet has. Next, I sort of noticed that the sesame oil packet seems to have shrunk. Maybe it was just my own illusion. They might just have made it rectangular in shape instead of the usual squarish shape.

Upon eating, I realised, to my (sort of) dismay, that the taste has changed too! The seasoning, albeit less salty, is not as fragrant and tasty as before. I miss the old taste already!

Anyway, I consoled myself that it will always be my favourite brand of instant noodles, followed by Indomie Goreng, followed by Myojo Charmee and then the Korean noodles. well...let's just say that I am a bit of an instant noodle connoisseur of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment