Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Life plans

Oh gosh! It was a stressful week and I am glad that half of it is gone. We had to do role play for this particular module of my course (yet again!) Although I think that acting is not that difficult a task for me, but I think the conceptualising, brainstorming and the getting it all together, is altogether very, very stressful.

I am just glad that it is over now. From now though, got to headache about the 60% worth of individual assignment. Think the weightage of this assignment is too high and it is causing us unnecessary stress. We are very near end of our course and practicum is coming soon. Starting from June in fact. Got to clock in hours of work experience and then have a final site visit by a practicum supervisor. Altogether another big load of stress.

Sometimes I do not understand why I had put myself through all this torture. Then again, I think about some of my classmates who will turn 50 as they graduate and I tell myself that it is not that tough after all.

Then, there are those course mates who are already thinking of which course to take next. I suppose the lesson I need to learn here is to plan. Have at least one 5-year plan in my life. I thought I could be contented with this job for a while but somehow, it seems of the general opinion that if you don't have a plan, you are not human or that you must have a screw lose in your head.

Well, plan is good, plan is good. Will sit down and seriously map out my 5-year plan now. After all, this assignment requires that of us to map out one.

No comments:

Post a Comment