Saturday, May 1, 2010

My date with Donnie Yen

Was wondering what to do on the eve of the Labour Day holiday when the morning papers inspired me to go watch a movie. I was contemplating whether to go Bishan GV to watch or somewhere else instead (as J8 tends to get a little claustrophobic).

Then I thought of Kallang Leisure Park at the Stadium MRT stop. Hahaha! It was decided then, Instincts told me that there will not be that many people there, but I was wrong. Although it did not draw crowds like Bugis or Takashimaya, it was still quite a turn out!

Anyway, the next dilemma was which movie to watch. I could not decide between Ip Man 2, Iron Man 2 or this other Chinese movie filmed by Malaysian singer "Ah Niu". In the end, you should know which one I chose, since the title of this post says it all.

To me, the show was fantastic and I feel like watching it a second time. I liked the way Donnie Yen portrays Ip Man himself. Calm, cool and collected.

By the way, I discovered that Kallang Leisure Park is one of the few places that does not have one single POSBank and/or DBS ATMs!!!! How bizarre!

After watching the movie, I went train-tripping on the Circle Line. There were many ways to reach home: I could either take the Circle Line to Dhoby Gaut and switch to the North South line (red) to go home. Instead, I took the one going to Bishan. After all, there is only a one stop difference.

I think this train-tripping will continue until I feel trippy and has to stop :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment