Sunday, July 12, 2009

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo...







Woah, ha, ha! After many, many yonks, I went to the zoo again yesterday! I brought my 2 China colleagues there and though it was a long and tedious journey, we had lots of fun!

By the time we finished work and got there, it was already 3 plus in the afternoon. We all wanted to see polar bears and such but got so fascinated by otters and lemurs, that we did not really finish the whole of the zoo. Plus, it started to pour at about 5.30pm. Thank goodness we brought umbrellas and I was in my num (new urban male) flip flops! They are so comfy and water friendly!

Even after they have announced that there were 15 minutes left to closing, we were still ambling along and taking pics like nobody's business. After all, there were lots of others still walking.

I think the Singapore Zoological people really has good business sense coz after it closes at 6pm, the Night Safari opens at 7pm. I was thinking: what to do within that one hour of free time (even though we were not going to do the Night Safari that day). Well, you shop at the souvenir shop! That's what you do! Or you eat at one of their food outlets for you are so in a God foresaken places that there is little choice but to eat what is available there. We did not though. I bought stuff and then boarded 138 back towards civilisation. Hee!

Oh, let me explain about visiting the Night Safari and so on. You see, we decided to go for the park hopper tickets whereby we pay a discounted price to go to three parks: Singapore Zoo, Night Safari and the Jurong Bird Park.

So next week, check out the updates on Jurong Bird Park as we will be heading there.

No comments:

Post a Comment