Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My colleagues were crazier

My two closest colleagues are skeptical people. They approach things with caution, skepticism and pepper it with criticism, sometimes aplenty.

It was the same with Uniqlo. Since they are not from Beijing,Shanghai (or other big cities that have such shops) and since they have been here for quite some years, they have not heard of this totally happening brand.

I was already ranting and raving about it the day before and the day of opening. I did not ask them to go with me as I felt it would be such an upscale task to convince them to go somewhere as far as Tampines.

One of them called me anyway, after she left the workplace and expressed that they wanted to go with me too. I picked them up halfway (somewhere in town) and we headed for Uniqlo! The older of the two kept asking me what sort of brand is this and whether it was really that worth it, etc, etc. I was getting a little impatient (as usual).

When inside, while I bought 7 items, they bought none. Guess what though? They went back the next day and the next, each time getting more and more items. Each time they went back, they had to queue for at least half an hour to 45 minutes!

I am just wondering whether all of us humans are like that: treating things with suspicion and caution all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment