Friday, November 30, 2007

Missing the bus...in life

Riding on the topic of buses (please excuse the pun), I just wonder why I always miss the bus, or generally, miss the opportunity for things in life.

On Tuesday night, I just came out from the shopping centre when I saw the bus that would take me home. I had to cross the road to take it, but I could not. It was the red man. By the time I could cross, the bus had sped away as all passengers have boarded and also because the bus was blocking the crossing (it was a Bendy bus).

No choice. Had to wait another 10 minutes or so.

Last night, I went to pack dinner at a hawker centre. Hokkien prawn noodles. The old man was frying up a big wok of it. He was going to portion it out later. I thought, surely, I was going to get my share. To my dismay, I had to wait for the next round of frying. That took time. Another 8 minutes or so.

Finally got my packet of noodles and was on my way to take the bus, only to see it whizz away, liek it was afraid that anyone else (like me) would try to stop and board it. No this is not the first time this happened, and I am angry with SBS buses.

Waited another 10-12 minutes. Double waiting: wait at the hokkien prawn noodle stall and wait at the bus interchange.

Have I also missed my boat/ bus in life? Missed the chance to meet the right one? Of course, there is no such thing as "the one" or "the right one". It is just a figure of speech.

Well, until I meet my so-called "one", I can only wait... .

No comments:

Post a Comment