Friday, November 30, 2007

Precision timing

Just moved to my new place and the distance from home to work has increased tremendously. The strange thing is that, I am now able to get up on time and get to work on time, without having to rush at all. This proves my own personal theory that the further one stays from a certain point, the more punctual they would be.

Well, I digress a little. The point that I want to make is that I am really amazed with the SMRT buses. It just took me the whole of two days to figure out the timing of the buses and they are really precise!

On the first day, I missed the 7.14 am bus and had to take the 7.31am one. On the second day, I thought I would set out earlier to catch the 7.14am bus, only to see the 7.02am bus whizz by from a distance. Today, I reached the bus-stop at 7am. The bus came at 7.02am. Life is so much easier with such reliable timing. With SBS buses, it was never really so precise.

Of course, I have also learnt from my mistake and not take bus to work in the morning. For although I enjoy bus rides very much (one can almost always get a seat), the unexpected jams on the roads can be time costly. It took me 2 hours to get to work on the first day! Hahaha...what an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment