Friday, November 23, 2007

My own theory about my boss's conspiracy theory

'Tis the season again, for holidaying. I am really excited because I have already booked my tickets to somewhere (where, I shall not say), but everytime I think about holidays and taking leave, I feel a headache coming.

Applying for leave has never been quite that easy for me. It is through a computerised system and my bosses take ages to approve. There was this once when I was due to leave the day after and my leave was still not yet approved, officially!

So where did this conspiracy theory come from? Personally, I think they secretly use it as a tool to make you do things. They make your leave conditional. "If you are not able to finish this piece of work, then you cannot take leave."

It is of course, not unreasonable of a boss to demand so, but just a little demeaning to any staff. I wish there could a better way to go about handling such situations (the bosses I mean). Could they not think about reverse pyschology? If they approve my leave sooner, I could look forward to my holiday and therefore would work doubly or triply hard? No, I guess they did not think of that. They only thought about power and control :)

As for me, I found a way out of all this. Thank goodness (in a way) that I can swap off days (for even though mine is a five day work-week, we are not spared of working on weekends). I managed to swop my off days to the days that I wanted to take leave. In this way, I am guaranteed that I can get away from office while saving on my leave. Don't need to be at the mercy of my bosses (sort of).

2 comments:

  1. My god, woman, you sure posted fast and furious man...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, had this sudden urgency to put my thoughts down. It was like if-I-did-not-pen-it-down-somewhere-then-I-will-die kind of feeling. Hahaha....

    ReplyDelete