Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's a new day

I am very happy today. Everything has fallen into place. I have truly begun my new chapter in life. I need to live my life as I mean it to be and not in a half here and half not kind of state.

I received an sms from my lawyer saying that she has sent me the final judgement from the Family Court. This morning, I did not have to go to work as it was Teacher's Day!! The funny thing was that I woke up with a vision of Mary and me in front of the grotto. Oh sweet loving Virgin Mary! She has, in her own ways, comforted me along the way, in ways, I do not know how to explain.

Today, I truly feel like a new person and I should try to remember this feeling and live each day like this.

I went out to celebrate Teacher's Day with my Dad as he is also a teacher. He teaches English and Chinese to adults at several community clubs. He has many loyal students. At first, he had wanted to bring me to Blue Jazz (Ha! Fancy that! My Dad bringing me to Blue Jazz!) for set lunch but it was pouring cats and dogs by the time that we wanted to go out. We decided to move to somewhere indoors but still in Bugis.

I think my Dad did not realise that we now had to change at City Hall in order to go to Bugis and once he realised that, he decided to change the eating place to City Hall instead. I recommended him the food court at Level 3 as there was this Japanese tempura stall that allowed you to choose and pick. It was a little like eating yong tau foo. Once we have chosen the pieces to cook, the chef will deep-fry the food there and then.

Dad loved the food!! Plus I also took the opportunity to point out the western food stall that I like to patronise. It is called Olive Fusion and I usually go to the one at Bugis food court. They have now opened one here as well. I think I will come to the Raffles City one more often since the one at Bugis tends to put too much garlic. I could still remember the time when I he put too much garlic that my whole mouth was chili hot and I kept tearing.

Accompanied Dad to Bras Basah Complex to get some oldies CD before heading down to the Esplanade. Dad wanted to get tickets for Chinese opera and to do some research at the library. I just wanted to wander about. Saw some visual arts exhibition and read some coming attractions at the Durian before finally meeting up with Dad and heading home again.

It was a peaceful kind of day but a nice one. Before we really headed home, I dropped by at the church and really went to the grotto to see Mother Mary. At first I even wanted to attend evening service but decided that I was not ready for that kind of commitment yet (Haha!).

After that we popped by the police station to change our address on our I/Cs and then headed home. Mum was at home waiting for us to have dinner.

2 comments: