Friday, August 28, 2009

My new home

I love my new place. I have a slightly bigger room, a bigger bathroom and I am very near to everything. I am not only living near the town centre (centre ville en Francaise) but I am also at the centre of Singapore (I think).

I have also attempted to decorate my room to look Shabby Chic and it has kinda worked, with the help of IKEA stuff. White country style wooden chair and a very nice and simple lamp. I know, I know, shabby chic is supposed to be old furniture given new lease of life but nobody said that I could not use new stuff. There is no hard and fast rule.

I have also found a shop (or two) at Thomson Plaza that sells country style furniture and nick-nacks. I was very tempted to buy the whole shop worth of things but stopped myself just in time.

My bed, which was especially made ten years ago and has followed me from the old to new place. I used to hate it probably due to its bulkiness in my old room but I am glad that I kept it as it totally suits my decor theme!

That's the chair and lamp from IKEA. That old-looking fan is indeed old! I first used it when I was given my own room, at about 2 or 3 years old!

The water jug and the tissue box cover were bought at two seperate shops but all located at Thomson Plaza. Thomson Plaza also brings back loads of memories as I spent one third of my childhood there. One of my pre-university school days hangout, Burger King, is longer there. Thank goodness, KFC still is.

The painting and the instruments were all bought from Bali. Love them to death!

Anyway, I fell ill a couple of days back and had to find a doctor pronto! I was really lost as this town is really quite new to me. I just based it on my previous observations and went to what I thought was a better reputed clinic chain (starting with P and it is not Parkway). It was stated that it will re-open at 6.30pm and it was only 6.10pm. I decided to wait.

By 6.40pm, there was still no sign of life from inside the clinic and there was a whole group of people waiting to see the doctor. My stomach was not sparing me much and so, depending on my memory again, I decided to cross the road to another clinic that I remembered passing by on my way back from church.

This was a much smaller clinic but I liked it already once I stepped in and I felt that this would be the clinic that I would come to if I had anything wrong (touch wood). The doctor also proofed to be very professional and he listened very carefully to what I had to say.

I am on my road to recovery and it is funny coz he seems to have prescribed similar cough mixture like my previous second choice doctor behind my house (my first is always my GP at Hougang). While previously, I never seem to get well, this time around, it seems to work. Is it the good vibes or is it really the medicine? I really cannot tell.

Whatever it is, I must say that I love this town!

No comments:

Post a Comment