Friday, June 12, 2009

Ten years already?!

As I was walking back from the bus stop today, I could not help but wonder in awe as to how time has flown past me. It has officially been10 years since I have lived where I am living and for the whole 10 years, I had wanted to write this complaint to my MP to complain about this woman who was feeding stray cats at a very inconvenient spot leading up to one of the entrances to where I stay.

It is unbelievable that it has been so long and I DID NOT take action! I mean, I did not mind that she was feeding strays bu I really did mind that she had put the food at the most inconvenient of places when there were ample other places to put it in the vicinity.

Plus the fact that she just leaves the food and plastic bag (used to put the food) there and come morning, when the food is empty, plastic bag hurricane happens. It was an ugly sight. I even hated taking bus from that side of the road.

Now that I take buses from there more often, I realised that the woman does not seem to come anymore, as the path is clean of all food and strays. It is good in a way but worrying in another. I am worried about the fate of the cats, even though I do not approve of feeding strays does not mean I do not treasure life.

Back to my 10 years at the present abbot: I still feel like it was yesterday that I had just moved in, just complained about how small my room is, just thinking to myself as to when I can move out of this rat hole. It is now 10 years.

Perhaps it is also because I was 'away' for 2 or 3 years as I got married and had my own place for awhile. It was only about four years ago that I moved back home. Don't know why though, but I never did feel that attached to the place as say, with the previous dwellings. Perhaps it is because Dad and Mum chose it. I did not. I was away studying.

From the time that I stayed here, I always felt that everything was temporary and I didn't even dare to work around the kitchen. Reason being that I did not feel attached to it. Sounds strange? Well, I AM a strange person like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment