Monday, June 22, 2009

Scrapbooking

OK, so the flu bug was not the only thing I caught over the weekend. I think I have caught the scrapbooking bug as well. In my (hopefully not 3 seconds of) new-found enthusiasm, I went scrapbook material shopping.

Actually, one of the reasons why I hesitated starting this hobby was how exclusive it looked. Of course, the first reason would be that it is super time-consuming, and I was not one with patience.

Back to the topic of exclusivity. What I suspected was not totally false. You see, before I stepped into the store, I thought that scrapbooking was something that was very personal and that it should not matter how you do it, it was more of how you liked the way it looked. From the examples I see above the cupboard doors in the store, all of them scraps (as I would call each scrapped page from now) have a certain look, and had tons of stuff (that I later learnt, were called "embellishments") loaded onto each scrap. Why so gaudy??

Then I came home and did some Internet research and these scrappers (as they are commonly called) have like, templates to follow!! Whatever happened to individual style? Anyway, it was too late as I have already started my own scrapbooking of my Hong Kong trip. I must insist that it looks OK without template planning and little or no embellishments. Don't want them to snatch the limelight from my photos.

However, I did forget that I should include stuff that I collected during my trip to stick onto toe scrap as well. Time to start searching!!

By the way, some fanatic ones wear gloves while handling the photos so that the oil from their hands don't spoil the quality of the photo paper. Woah! No such patience. Plus, everything should be acid-free, down to the pen that we write in.

Let me see how much patience I have got in searching for these acid and lignin free stuff. Already, my glue did not pass the test. I just got it off the shelf of DAISO. Haha!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Livie,

    I'm back from Taiwan... hahaha about scrapbooking. I don't do it but I buy tons of papers cause I love them. I use them to make cards and I never follow any template.

    In fact I spent a bomb on an embossing machine. =P

    How about a scrapbooking afternoon? I have tons of resources and we can just spend an afternoon talking and making beautiful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Just let me know when, but just not too early part of August coz it's my turn to be the travel bug :)

    ReplyDelete