Sunday, December 12, 2010

Yoshitomo Nara

Went to the S.A.M @8Q yesterday to watch a documentary about Yoshitomo Nara. His paintings are quite amazing and it reminds me of the ones that Carrie Chau (the Hong Kong artist) does. I just wonder who is copying who. Or maybe, nobody is copying nobody. They just look child-like.

I find that there is so much more that the museums here are offering now and I really feel I can just go to one of them and soak in all the artsy stuff that is around me and stay there for ages. Going to more documentaries of artists next weekend. It is all part of the Trans-Cool Tokyo exhibition that is going on now at the 8Q.

Got a discount off the documentary tix and free museum pass too! Discount coz my friend works there and free pass is due to the buying of the tix. There ARE ways and access to arts and culture in a more reasonable way :)

Here's a linke to info on Nara:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshitomo_Nara

No comments:

Post a Comment