Friday, December 17, 2010

Book launch

Got asked to go for a soft launch of a book called Face Hunter. Really interesting coz this guy likes to take pics of people. This guy's name is Yvan Rodic. Go google him as he has got a blogspot going on.

The launch was held at this place called "A curious teepee" at *Scape (next to Orchard Cineleisure). The whole place was selling somewhat quirky, artsy stuff and there was free flow of alcohol and finger food. There were mini quiche lorraines and fusion peking duck-shredded duck skin (with a little meat intact) stuffed with shredded cucumbers and oyster sauce in a mini ice cream cone. Lovely!

Most heavenly though, was the panna cotta. It was so yummy, I had 2 helpings. Of course, nothing could have been yummier than the author himself who spoke with heavily French accented English. When I asked my friend, turns out he is a Swiss living in France. Just perfect.

It was a perfect unwinding evening, my girl friend and I. We just looked at the merchandise the shop had to offer, saw the bartenders perform their shake-shake-shake (twice or more) and later on, sat down to people-watch. There were indeed lots of beautiful people tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Now I can sleep with a smile :)

p/s: the reason that I am still up and typing all this, is solely due to the expresso martini that I had. Hick!

No comments:

Post a Comment