Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's set! I am going to Guangzhou!

This trip had been two or three years in the planning. When I was working as a Librarian, I always tried to give priority to my colleagues who had family. They had children and had to take leave during the school holiday period. The bad part? I could never go on tour with my Dad and two aunts, one of whom is a teacher.

Even last year, I did not dare to take leave as I have developed this phobia for it. I was afraid that I would get "No" for an answer. Now that I am in my new work place though, I plucked up the courage and went to ask my boss. She was really nice and even though I am not confirmed till November, she agreed to the dates that I asked for as there was no one taking it yet.

I feel very blessed to be working in this new environment. With good guidance and fairly good colleagues, I think for once, I can safely say that I can live longer. I thank the good Lord for that.

Thus it is so, that I will be spending my Christmas in the land of my forefathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment