Sunday, December 13, 2009

The not-so-good and the good

I have come to a point today, that I feel that there is no point in blogging. It takes too much effort, but yet, I should still blog. Even though not so nice stuff happen day in day out, there are still good stuff going on.

Yesterday, I was happy but today, talks about old age and death surround me, as my grandpa got admitted to the hospital after yet another fall. It is good to live in my country as long as you don't fall ill. The hospital bill is no laughing matter.

Anyway, I had a fruitful and eventful day yesterday. I attended an ex-colleague's wedding and then had dinner with Spacecake at Marmalade Pantry. Super delicious if not for my stupid gastric attack. Dessert made it better though. A must-try is there crab meat linguini and their desserts? Can just close your eyes, point to whichever and order. We tried the sticky date and toffee pudding and the apricot and blackberry crumble.

Personally, I have made the sticky date and toffee pudding my comfort food favourite of the moment. It was an almost orgasmic experience on first bite. Hahaha....that's the only way I can describe it. It was not too hot, not too suit. Everything was just right and the toffee oozes appropriately around the pudding without overpowering it. Need I say more? Better make reservations in order not to be disappointed.

Orchard Road has really gone through a facelift too. Lots of new tall buildings loom on both sides of the road: Ion Orchard, 313@Somerset, Orchard Central. Yes, I must say, we are beginning to look a little like Hong Kong.

p/s: Will post pics of the food later. Too lazy to find and plug in USB port.

No comments:

Post a Comment