Monday, August 2, 2010

The Face Shop

Three Face Shops in the span of 3 days later, I managed to complete what I needed to buy and found the satisfactory customer service in the third and last shop.

The first shop I went to was at Wisma Atria. The girl who served me was only interested in me buying lots and lots. When she realised that I was not going to do so, she became very lukewarm. I had already surfed their site and actually knew what I wanted: Eye pencils which were eyeshadows and this green eye shadow which the eye pencil range was not going to offer me.

Turned out that they were having a promotion: take one or two (I cannot remember) eyeshadows and a blusher in order to get a special discounted rate. But I didn't need a blusher! The sales person's head could not turn fast enough. It was like a straight road with no side turns and slip roads. She could have simply suggested that I get what I wanted and she would still have a made a better sale than my two pencils.

Next, there was the cashier. After asking me "Do you have membership?", she decided to converse with me totally in Mandarin, even though I actually spoke to her in ENGLISH! Rude and how can one not be able to speak English when she is working in the customer service industry. It IS our language of communication after all.

Second shop I went to was at the HDB Hub. I was looking for that green eyeshadow palette but could not find it. I was tempted to use Mandarin but decided to test the sales person. She was not very good with her English but at least she attempted to speak to me. That, I applaud her. Only thing was, she had no turns and slip roads either. The green palette was out of stock and she just gave me an apologetic look and smile. She could have suggested the triple baked eyeshadow instead.

The last shop was at Junction 8, Bishan. I could not remember whether I spoke English or Mandarin but what made me buy more than I intended was because the sales person knew when to retreat and when to come forward to assist me when help was needed. I finally got my green palette eyeshadow and this liquid foundation with BB cream. She was very patient and detailed with her explanation of the foundation and seeing that I was looking at the placard for the detailed explanation, she took it up for me to read. Nice!

If I were not put off by the mouldy looking powder puff in the tester, I might have already bought their loos powder from them. Lucky thing I did not though, for I found Kate (cosmetics brand by Kanebo in open shelf style) at Watson's and their loose powder was at almost half the price of that from The Face Shop. Phew! More savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment